Saturday, October 11, 2014

make me yours & take me with you

I want the thought of me to be nostalgia.
That familiarity of my lips like lava
Flood your lungs with liquid
And make you drown in disbelief
That this would ever end.
That thirty years from now
You'd still tie butterflies into knots
And make my stomach flutter
And my spine shutter as you run
Your lips against my shoulder.
Make me yours and take me with you
To the inside layer of your chemistry
Where you make matter with your mind
And your dreams become desires.
Where your thoughts and words are wires
And your heart beats hot with fire.
Make me yours and take me with you
Over the edge of the universe
Where forever never ends
And we pretend to make amends
With our regrets. Where we forget
To take each other for granted
Every once in a while.
Just make me yours and take me with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment